Friday, October 14, 2011

Steampunk Fashion Jewelry - A Present From the Past

I really liked the look of this Steampunk fashion jewelry. However, did you know that the Steampunk world is beginning to emerge in the mainstream of different, underground circles, where it has long been a closely guarded secret. Steampunk fashion is now appearing on catwalks and in the beginning to catch the eye of the media and it will be interesting to see whether the movement will develop, or whether his followers will abandon it when it hits the high street.

Steampunk Fashion Jewelry - A Present From the PastThere is so much to Steampunk, from the classic book by Jules Verne and HG Wells to "The League of extraordinary gentlemen," Alan Moore graphic novels, art, role-playing games, clothes, but for me its Steampunk jewelry that I love most.

I have been making our own jewelry for quite some time and have always been interested in vintage pieces, remnants of the past. So, when I saw that a whole new way to reappropriate the past and give it a modern context through Jewelry - I was in heaven as the main ingredient, I will buy old watches and clocks, where they can find, but most of my material came via the Internet. Over the past year, the price is rising as sellers realize that there is a market for vintage watches (broken in to) and instead of a list of "Watch for repair or parts," they are now rebranding them as "Steampunk", but upping the prices.

I love that these old clocks, except and discover treasures they contain a lot of time, you will find the plastic work of modern watches, but often when you find a watch that was made before the sixties, you will find a small rubies that are used as bearings, because they are so resilient.

Steampunk Fashion Jewelry - A Present From the PastWhen you look at the effect of these old clocks can only admire the craftsmanship that went into making them. It is little wonder that all these intricate pieces inspired by the art form, Horological Collage, who used to watch the parts to create images. It means beautiful in Steampunk Art and some of my favorite pieces to use this technique.

I once abundant supply vintage watch parts of the Steampunk fashion jewelry, it's simply a matter of finding the best way to reappropriate cogs and movements, and it's never long before the inspired attack. I love the fact that I was given something so skillfully made​​, which, unfortunately, was rejected as worthless, a new life. Indeed it is the ultimate form of upcycling!

No comments:

Post a Comment